[Mesa-dev] Merging glsl-to-tgsi to master

Egon Ashrafinia egon.mageia at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 12 14:22:18 PDT 2011

Am 12.07.2011 21:44, schrieb Bryan Cain:
> On 07/11/2011 11:53 AM, Egon Ashrafinia wrote:
>> Hello guys.
>>
>> 1 month ago, we talked about merging glsl-to-tgsi to master but it
>> still not happend. What about now? I could compile and test it a bit.
>> It works.
>> Anyone who could do it? What does Bryan Cain say about it?
>
> Hi Egon,
>
> Last month, I was trying to get it merged before the 7.11 merge window
> closed.  When that didn't happen, I decided to stop being in a hurry and
> instead make some more improvements before trying again to get it merged
> to master.  Also, Brian Paul pointed out an issue that I hadn't noticed
> before where st/mesa needed the current fragment shader to be in Mesa IR
> form for glBitmap, glDrawPixels, and glCopyPixels to work correctly.
>
> All of that is done now, as I finished the glBitmap path on Sunday and
> the DrawPixels/CopyPixels path on Saturday.  So now I need to fix a few
> minor things like commit messages and one case where the old path
> generates better code than glsl_to_tgsi.  The merge might also be
> delayed a bit further if it's decided that it should wait until after
> 7.11 is released, as Ian's reply suggested.
>
> Bryan

Hello Bryan,

thank you for your answere. I understand and agree with your points. I
also think that this is the better way to handle.
Keep up the good work and try to improve and fix things, until 7.11 is
released.

Best wishes

Egon

P.s. The first Phoronix Article, which is created because of me *____*.