[Mesa-dev] Status of the GLSL->TGSI translator

Tom Stellard tstellar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 18:45:12 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 04:38:07PM -0500, Bryan Cain wrote:
> My work on the GLSL IR to TGSI translator I announced on the list this
> April is now at the point where I think it is ready to be merged into
> Mesa.  It is stable and doesn't regress any piglit tests on softpipe or
> nv50.

Hi,

First of all, nice work on this.  It's great to have one less IR to deal
with.  Just two comments:

1. This branch causes a few piglit regressions on R300 because there is no
optimization pass equivalent to _mesa_simplify_cmp() in st_glsl_to_tgsi(I
guess technically it's not really an optimization pass, since R300
needs it to function).  Would you be able to add something similar
in st_glsl_to_tgsi?  It should be really easy.  You can ping me on irc
(tstellar) if you have any questions about it.

2. There are a number of whitespace errors.  Things like spaces and tabs
on empty lines or a mixture of tabs and spaces for indentation.  It
looks like a number of them were inherited from st_mesa_to_tgsi.c, and
I don't think you need to worry about fixing them, but it's
something to keep in mind as you are making more changes.  If you add:

"Hilight trailing whitespace
:highlight ExtraWhitespace ctermbg=red guibg=red
:autocmd Syntax * syn match ExtraWhitespace /\s\+$\| \+\ze\t/

to your .vimrc, you'll see what I'm talking about.

-Tom