[Mesa-dev] Error building on Windows with SCons

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Wed Jun 22 07:15:12 PDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> Jose, I don't understand your reply,
> - Is there some way to add the def file or some way to generate them?
> - Is building with scons on MingW with windows something that is
> supposed to work?
> - Is this issue going to be fixed or is this configuration
> unsupported?
> - Is there some way to build with MingW on windows with make? - You
> reference makefiles however I don't think these are used for scons
> builds.

What I'm trying to say is, the official Mesa source tarballs are missing many files necessary for windows builds.  Please try the git source code, or, if you prefer, a tarball with all the source in git, e.g. http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/snapshot/mesa-7.10.3.zip

> Or perhaps a better question is is it possible at the moment to build
> mesa on windows?
> What are known working configurations?

Known working configurations (from git!) are:
- mingw crosscompilation from linux (x86 only)
- MSVC 2008 (requires cygwin flex & bison in the PATH), x86 or x64
I have these continuously running on Jenkins (previously known as Hudson) from git.

I haven't tried Mingw on Windows. But it should work without problems with MSYS.

> I tried with scons because the docs suggest using scons on mesa's
> page.

Yep. There's no other way to build for windows besides scons.

> - Campbell

Jose