[Mesa-dev] Status of VDPAU and XvMC state-trackers (was Re: Build error on current xvmc-r600 pipe-video)

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Sat May 7 01:59:03 PDT 2011

Am Freitag, den 06.05.2011, 00:17 +0100 schrieb Andy Furniss:
> > I'm currently focusing more on the variable length decoding part of the
> > vdpau mpeg2, by the way: How is well does this work on your hardware?
>
> Still showing the new artifacts even with the patch. It's also quite
> slow, I have CPU to spare according to top.
>
> My HD4890 on low (240MHz) gives about 15fps on newmobcal, it's a bit
> under 30 fps on high (850MHz).
Don't ask for speed right now, there are still to much things todo.
Still using only one upload buffer, manually clearing the buffers with a
memset before the real upload....

But how do you test this? Are you using the mplayer or some other tool
to get the vdpau output playing without synchronisation? Asking because
I'm still searching for something similar to mpeg2play_accel, a very
simple tool to hack and test the interface.

Christian.