[Mesa-dev] Using Gallium3D video drivers

fabio.ped at libero.it fabio.ped at libero.it
Tue May 17 08:11:14 PDT 2011

I built mesa with g3dvl support and I'd like to do some test. Please correct me
if I am wrong. I found the following files:

libr600_drv_video.so
libr600_drv_video.so.0
libr600_drv_video.so.0.3
libvdpau_g3dvl.so
libvdpau_g3dvl.so.1
libvdpau_g3dvl.so.1.0
libXvMCnouveau.so
libXvMCnouveau.so.1
libXvMCnouveau.so.1.0
libXvMCr600.so
libXvMCr600.so.1
libXvMCr600.so.1.0

Are there other video drivers that can be built?

libr600_drv_video.so is va library. Just rename it to r600_drv_video.so and it
should be loaded when a r600 hardware is used.

libXvMCnouveau.so and libXvMCr600.so : how to enable them? I tried adding
their full path into /etc/X11/XvMCConfig but apparently it doesn't work. Is a
modified X driver required?

libvdpau_g3dvl.so is the r600 libvdpau library.
To test it (with mplayer -vo vdpau) I created a link to it into
/usr/lib/libvdpau_nvidia.so
Is there a better way to use it, something that enable it only when r600
hardware is available?

Thanks