[Mesa-dev] A question about r600/evergreen documentation

Marcello Maggioni hayarms at gmail.com
Tue May 31 04:34:11 PDT 2011

Hello, I was studying the anisotropic filtering patch that was posted
on this list the 6th of May in order to understand better how the
r600g drivers work, but while reading the patch I noticed that the
documentation about r600 I have seems to miss some key information.

First of all the documentation I have is the one found on
http://www.x.org/docs/AMD/ .

In the patch bits [21:19] of the SQ_TEX_SAMPLER_WORD0_0 register are
set and in the code these are specified as S_03C000_ANISO, but in the
documentation I have (R6xx_3D_Registers.pdf) those bits are specified
as "Reserved".

I'm wondering if there are better docs around and the ones on that
website are outdated. If so where is it possible to find the new docs?

Thanks

Marcello