[Mesa-dev] softpipe entry points

matthieu at mtexier.com matthieu at mtexier.com
Tue Nov 8 06:44:50 PST 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking on mesa source code for having informations
about graphic rendering. For example to get the amount of
triangles/tiles needed to render one frame.
I also want to have informations about the amount of cycles needed to
render triangles/tiles for each stages of the rendering pipeline.
By looking at the source code and mailing Jose Fonseca, I've learned
that the llvmpipe used with the LP_DEBUG=counter variable that allows
to get some informations.
My objectives is to do the same, but more detailed in order to have
information about the amount of cycles needed for each data
(triangle/vertex/tile) and the amount of data.
It is not for profiling mesa, but is to get informations about the
rendering pipe because it is a very dynamic software and I'm interested
in the support of such software.
So to get this informations I need to know the main entry points in
order to annotate them, I've looked the state tracker and the llvmpipe
but it's a little bit complicated for me so if you can help me to get
this data for the different rendering stages like the vertex shader,
the setup, the fragment shaders for example.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Matthieu