[Mesa-dev] Performance glxSwapBuffers 32 bit vs. 64 bit

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Thu Nov 10 09:42:13 PST 2011

On Don, 2011-11-10 at 11:01 +0100, Theiss, Ingo wrote:

> The function calls of mesa/state_tracker/st_cb_readpixels.c:382 ->
> st_readpixels and mesa/main/pack.c:552 -> _mesa_pack_rgba_span_float
> clearly stands out when comparing the 32 bit and 64 bit profile.

I'm afraid that's a red herring, as I don't think glXSwapBuffers calls
glReadPixels under any circumstances. I suspect the time inside
glXSwapBuffers isn't spent on CPU cycles but rather waiting for some
kind of event(s). Offhand I don't know any better way to debug that than
attaching gdb, interrupting execution every now and then and hoping to
catch it somewhere inside glXSwapBuffers. Maybe others have better
ideas.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com