[Mesa-dev] Allowing the reading of outputs for some drivers

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 06:14:20 PST 2011

On 14 November 2011 14:49, Vadim Girlin <vadimgirlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> By the way, which drivers do not support reading outputs? I haven't done
> a full piglit run with llvmpipe, but IIRR the single test mentioned
> above was also fixed for llvmpipe without this output replacement.

IIRC both GLSL IR and Mesa IR took the approach that reading from
outputs was up to the driver to handle at some point. At the very
least classic r600 did reads from "output" gprs. I seem to recall that
some Intel hardware couldn't read from output registers, I'm not sure
if there was any other hardware.