[Mesa-dev] Allowing the reading of outputs for some drivers

Ian Romanick idr at freedesktop.org
Tue Nov 15 00:27:27 PST 2011

On 11/14/2011 07:16 AM, Marek Olšák wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Vadim Girlin<vadimgirlin at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Mon, 2011-11-14 at 05:22 -0800, Jose Fonseca wrote:

I guess I don't follow.  Different hardware can do different things, and
the code for that hardware will look different.  What's the problem?  It
seems silly to spend CPU time rearranging the code and then hoping the
driver will spend more CPU time to put it back the way it was.  People
using these drivers *do* care about CPU performance, after all. :)