[Mesa-dev] Allowing the reading of outputs for some drivers

Vadim Girlin vadimgirlin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 06:20:42 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 05:52 -0800, Jose Fonseca wrote:

> [...]
Again, I understand what you are talking about, but these patches are
adding about 5 lines of code, I defininitely can't imagine any troubles
of maintaining them. I'm not trying to pull into state tracker huge
hardware-specific patch, e.g. implement 5-way vliw scheduling here, or
some shader transformation because my hardware can't read something. I'm
just trying to _avoid_ some hardware-specific code in the state tracker,
which is created for another hardware and is just a trouble for for my
hardware.

If everybody wants to make state tracker less hardware-specific, then I
don't understand why this hardware-specific transformation code is in
the state tracker at all?

I'm not going to insist on my proposal, but if you're trying to expalin
why these patches are evil, you probably need a better explanation.

Vadim