[Mesa-dev] Allowing the reading of outputs for some drivers

Marek Olšák maraeo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 07:13:11 PST 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Ian Romanick <idr at freedesktop.org> wrote:

> I guess I don't follow.  Different hardware can do different things, and the
> code for that hardware will look different.  What's the problem?

Well, I guess you're right. We already make the GLSL compiler do
different things based on CAPs. This "can't-read-outputs" thing is
probably no different than what we do elsewhere. Whatever, I would
just like the bug discussed at the beginning of this thread to be
fixed for other GPUs than just r600 (which is probably the only driver
that can read outputs AFAIK).

Marek