[Mesa-dev] new-vs on gen4

Paul Berry stereotype441 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 10:08:32 PDT 2011

On 2 September 2011 21:21, Paul Berry <stereotype441 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2 September 2011 18:37, Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net> wrote:
>
>> This series gets gen4 to be non-regressing for the new vertex shader.
>> I'd be fine with not pushing the last patch and letting Paul's patches
>> land, then fixing the bug as it remains there.  Once these two land, I
>> think it's time to turn on the new backend by default.
>>

> This plan sounds good to me.  I'd like to land my patches as soon as I can,
> since my clip distance work depends on them.  Based on your review, I think
> only two issues remain with my patch series:
>
> 1. You had some comments on "i965: old VS: use the VUE map to compute the
> URB entry size." about the possibility of reading past the end of URB
> space.  My suspicion is that it's probably benign, and even if it's not,
> it's at worst a transitory problem (fixed by later commits) so I would be
> content to leave it as is.
>
> 2. I promised to write a follow up patch to address your comments about
> color swizzling in "i965: Write code to compute a VUE map."  I haven't done
> that yet.
>
> I'll try to do #2 tomorrow morning and send it to the list.  Assuming you
> like the look of that, and you feel ok about leaving issue #1 as is, I'd be
> happy to land my patches ASAP.

Ok, I did #2 but I think to avoid confusion I don't want to send it to the
list just yet, since it depends on the minor fixups that I've made to my
patch series based on Eric's comments--if I just sent the patches to the
list, they would appear to apply cleanly, but they wouldn't work properly.
If you want to have a look at it, pull from git://
github.com/stereotype441/mesa.git and look at the top two commits on the
vue_map branch.