[Mesa-dev] new-vs on gen4

Paul Berry stereotype441 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 21:21:10 PDT 2011

On 2 September 2011 18:37, Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net> wrote:

> This series gets gen4 to be non-regressing for the new vertex shader.
> I'd be fine with not pushing the last patch and letting Paul's patches
> land, then fixing the bug as it remains there.  Once these two land, I
> think it's time to turn on the new backend by default.

This plan sounds good to me.  I'd like to land my patches as soon as I can,
since my clip distance work depends on them.  Based on your review, I think
only two issues remain with my patch series:

1. You had some comments on "i965: old VS: use the VUE map to compute the
URB entry size." about the possibility of reading past the end of URB
space.  My suspicion is that it's probably benign, and even if it's not,
it's at worst a transitory problem (fixed by later commits) so I would be
content to leave it as is.

2. I promised to write a follow up patch to address your comments about
color swizzling in "i965: Write code to compute a VUE map."  I haven't done
that yet.

I'll try to do #2 tomorrow morning and send it to the list.  Assuming you
like the look of that, and you feel ok about leaving issue #1 as is, I'd be
happy to land my patches ASAP.