[Mesa-dev] scons tnl bug, rfc on removing mesa rtasm.

Alexander von Gluck kallisti5 at unixzen.com
Mon Jan 23 10:20:03 PST 2012

So I've been digging through the assertion error I am getting under Haiku
and have finally found the issue...

The Mesa tnl depends on the Mesa rtasm header (mesa/x86/rtasm/x86sse.h),
however scons never compiles mesa/x86/rtasm/x86sse.c into libmesa.  As
x86/rtasm/x86sse.c is never compiled in, libmesa tnl requires libgallium.a to
link into the gallium rtasm code.

As the header in mesa/x86/rtasm/x86sse.h doesn't match the Gallium rtasm
symbols (src/gallium/auxiliary/rtasm/rtasm_x86sse.h), we begin getting
assertion errors as heap is corrupted (mostly when tnl is used)

I am playing with fixing this by making tnl rely on gallium's rtasm vs the
Mesa one.  As tnl is the last thing I can find that uses the Mesa rtasm...
mesa rtasm (http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/src/mesa/x86/rtasm)
could even be removed if this works.

Does anyone know of any implementations of Mesa this may break?

  Thanks!
   -- Alex