[Mesa-dev] scons tnl bug, rfc on removing mesa rtasm.

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Mon Jan 23 12:44:25 PST 2012

I don't think that one should introduce a dependency between Mesa and Gallium as each should be built without the other.

The right way to do this is to move rtasm to side by side w/ MEsa & gallium (e.g., src/rtasm), and have Mesa and Gallium both depend on it as needed.

Another way is to rename the symbols so that Mesa and Gallium rtasm are separate.

However, IMO, rtasm should be eliminated both from mesa and gallium, as all its uses should be replaced with LLVM.

Jose