[Mesa-dev] Mesa 8.0 regression - two bugs

Sven Arvidsson sa at whiz.se
Thu Jul 12 10:38:37 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-07-11 at 21:25 +0200, Deve wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm writing about two bugs which I see on 8.0 - now 8.0.4 version of
> mesa. It was OK on mesa 7.11.2, after upgrade to 8.0 is problem.
>
> First is starting movie in Sims 3 run by Wine. It runs VERY slow. The
> later part of game runs ok. Example:
> http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/444/f5f.mp4/
> Problem is with other games too, for example with transparency object.
>
> Other problem is with Super Tux Kart game. It's only with enabled pixel
> shaders. Edge of screen looks badly. Example:
> http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg443/scaled.php?server=443&filename=screen1eipng.jpg&res=landing
> http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg515/scaled.php?server=515&filename=screen2kipng.jpg&res=landing
>
> I don't have enough skills to do solid bug report so I'm writing to
> mailing list. If you want, you can write to mi what information you need
> and how it to do.

Hi,

You don't really need any special skills to file a bug report. You have
basically provided everything necessary in your mail, just follow the
instructions here: http://intellinuxgraphics.org/how_to_report_bug.html

Even going further and bisecting to find what caused these bugs isn't
too hard.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson