[Mesa-dev] Mesa as part of OpenGL-on-OpenGL ES 2.0 (/WebGL)?

Benoit Jacob bjacob at mozilla.com
Tue Mar 6 07:45:55 PST 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On Die, 2012-03-06 at 05:11 -0800, Benoit Jacob wrote:
> That said, there's no denying that your use case is relatively
> special,
> so a more specialized solution which preserves some GLES API calls
> might
> provide significantly better performance. On the other hand,
> Gallium3D
> should facilitate covering more APIs, e.g. right now OpenVG and a few
> video APIs are implemented on top of Gallium3D. No idea if that's of
> any
> concern for you though.

The goal is to help port real-world applications such as games. Besides OpenGL [ES], the other API that is widely used in the real world is Direct3D (9 and 10), so that's what would be the most interesting. I've heard about a Direct3D implementation on top of Gallium3D but don't know its status.

Benoit