[Mesa-dev] Upcoming Mesa releases

Jakob Bornecrantz jakob at vmware.com
Fri May 4 07:33:40 PDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
> To keep in the habit of doing regular releases, I'd like to propose
> the following set of release dates.  We had previously discussed
> doing stable releases monthly and feature releases every six months.
> This set of dates basically reflects that.
>
> I should be able to package up most of these, but I will be on
> vacation in June.  Perhaps Jakob can handle that one. :)

Sure.

> I've listed the February 2013 release as 8.2.  I think there's a good
> chance we'll have OpenGL 3.1 by then, so it may end up being 9.0.

Any chance we can do 3.2, or does it involve sudden cold fronts and
aeronautical members of the suidae family? Being able to develop test
apps on Linux and get the same functionality as on Mac is kinda cool.

> 5/18:  Mesa 8.0.3
> 6/15:  Mesa 8.0.4
> 7/20:  Mesa 8.0.5
> 8/17:  Mesa 8.1 / Mesa 8.0.6
> 9/21:  Mesa 8.1.1
> 10/19: Mesa 8.1.2
> 11/16: Mesa 8.1.3
> 12/14: Mesa 8.1.4
> 1/18:  Mesa 8.1.5
> 2/15:  Mesa 8.2 (9.0?) / Mesa 8.1.6
>
> Does this sound like a reasonable plan?

Yes, looks good. Will 8.1 be a dev release or are we going to do away
with those?

Cheers, Jakob.