[Mesa-dev] Upcoming Mesa releases

Ian Romanick idr at freedesktop.org
Fri May 4 08:35:08 PDT 2012

On 05/04/2012 07:33 AM, Jakob Bornecrantz wrote:
> [...]

I have pretty much zero confidence that the remaining 3.2 features could
be implemented and tested to a reasonable level of quality in that time
frame.  The experience with shipping OpenGL 3.0 earlier this year hasn't
made me very enthusiastic about committing to aggressive ship dates.

>> 5/18:  Mesa 8.0.3
>> 6/15:  Mesa 8.0.4
>> 7/20:  Mesa 8.0.5
>> 8/17:  Mesa 8.1 / Mesa 8.0.6
>> 9/21:  Mesa 8.1.1
>> 10/19: Mesa 8.1.2
>> 11/16: Mesa 8.1.3
>> 12/14: Mesa 8.1.4
>> 1/18:  Mesa 8.1.5
>> 2/15:  Mesa 8.2 (9.0?) / Mesa 8.1.6
>>
>> Does this sound like a reasonable plan?
>
> Yes, looks good. Will 8.1 be a dev release or are we going to do away
> with those?

It will be a new release with a lot of new functionality.  In this
industry, people know what that means. :)