[Mesa-dev] [GLU Tesselator] abort current tesselation

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Tue May 22 06:40:20 PDT 2012

On 05/22/2012 01:26 AM, Lukas Rössler wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm currently working with the GLU tesselator and I need the ability
> to abort a tesselation process at any state, as fast as possible (so
> calling gluTessEndPolygon is not an option). Additionally i would like
> to be able to re-use the GLUtesselator object afterwards.
>
> Is the following addition to the API sufficient to do that, or am I
> missing something?
>
> /* glu.h */
> GLAPI void GLAPIENTRY gluTessAbort (GLUtesselator* tess);
>
> /* tess.c */
> void GLAPIENTRY
> gluTessAbort( GLUtesselator* tess )
> {
> MakeDormant( tess );
> }

Few of us have ever dug into the internals of the tessellator so you
probably know as much about it as anyone here.

If you're going to add a new entrypoint to GLU for your project I
think you have two options:

1. If you want the change to go into the Mesa/GLU tree and distro,
spec-out a new GLU_MESA_tessellation_abort extension.

2. Pull a copy of the GLU tessellator into your project and hack away
as needed.

-Brian