[Mesa-dev] No luck with tstellar/llvm on HD4890

Mathias Fröhlich Mathias.Froehlich at gmx.net
Tue Nov 6 12:35:23 PST 2012

Hi Vincent,

On Tuesday, November 06, 2012 12:14:52 Vincent Lejeune wrote:
> Do you use the master branch ?
Yes, e3213f01f7764af573ed641a7bc98dde5824e321 is my current head in llvm.

> This commit generates some llvm.R600.store.pixel.color/stencil/depth
> intrinsics, which were introduced by this commit :
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~tstellar/llvm/commit/?id=761b5e4d7d62f7dc7ac55
> 61f355a1eb0d7dd766e
Is included.

> I think the "unreachable" error means that llvm does not recognise the
> intrinsic ; if llvm recognised the intrinsic but didn't know how to lower
> it, there would be a "cannot select" error message.
I have not tested that much like Andy seems to have tested.
So I did not get this message. But with gears I get a bunch of gpu resets.

Well, just have already tracked down the lockup to reverting to the mentioned
patch in mesa instead of trying to bisect llvm.

Mathias