[Mesa-dev] No luck with tstellar/llvm on HD4890

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Tue Nov 6 13:20:25 PST 2012

Mathias Fröhlich wrote:

> Hi Vincent,
>
> On Tuesday, November 06, 2012 12:14:52 Vincent Lejeune wrote:
>> Do you use the master branch ?
> Yes, e3213f01f7764af573ed641a7bc98dde5824e321 is my current head in llvm.
>
>> This commit generates some llvm.R600.store.pixel.color/stencil/depth
>> intrinsics, which were introduced by this commit :
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~tstellar/llvm/commit/?id=761b5e4d7d62f7dc7ac55
>> 61f355a1eb0d7dd766e
> Is included.
>
>> I think the "unreachable" error means that llvm does not recognise the
>> intrinsic ; if llvm recognised the intrinsic but didn't know how to lower
>> it, there would be a "cannot select" error message.
> I have not tested that much like Andy seems to have tested.
> So I did not get this message. But with gears I get a bunch of gpu resets.

I only saw unreachable with older llvm and head mesa

> Well, just have already tracked down the lockup to reverting to the mentioned
> patch in mesa instead of trying to bisect llvm.

I agree - well, with head llvm and mesa reset to the commit before the
one above I no longer lockup gpu.

While simple things seem OK with mesa on
1feb6b79ab5d099b7b53d800921e7e8577593a98
etqw has issues, it may run but badly, one time it just segfaulted and I
lost mouse, another run I ended up with half a dozen -

[drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* Failed to parse relocation -12!
etqw-rthread.x8: page allocation failure: order:4, mode:0xc0d0
<detail snipped>