[Mesa-dev] GLES3 merges coming

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Sat Nov 17 16:28:23 PST 2012

On 11/16/2012 03:20 PM, Ian Romanick wrote:
> All,
>
> Starting next week I'm going to reorder, clean-up, and post patches from
> the gles3 branch to the list for review and merging to master.  A lot of
> the work has been stable for some time, so I think it makes sense to
> start merging it.
>
> We're passing more and more conformance tests every day on the i965
> driver.  The remaining majority of the failures we're seeing a little
> things.  It seems that all of the major components are in place.
>
> As things are, having a separate feature branch that multiple people are
> working on is making things more difficult.  Are folks ok with us
> merging it before it's 100% golden?

FWIW, somebody rebased the gles3 branch onto master and pushed without
even checking that it compiled.  Shame! :)

I've squashed in build fixes, rebased on latest master, and force pushed
the resulting branch.

In particular, I had to edit:

mesa/es3: Enable ES 3.0 API and shading language version
(Marek removed the ARB_copy_buffer extension enable flag)

glsl: Populate built-in types correctly for GLSL 3.00 ES.
(Dave's new functions also needed the skip_1d treatment)

Both fixes were trivial and obvious, so I figured just pushing them was
fine.

--Ken