[Mesa-dev] Nuking GL_NV_vertex_program

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Tue Oct 9 18:06:32 PDT 2012

anholt at eliezer:mesa/src/mesa% loccount *~drivers | tail -n 1
 251493 total
anholt at eliezer:mesa/src/mesa% git diff origin/master HEAD -- *~drivers | diffstat| tail -n 1

Over 1% of mesa core!

I don't know of any consumers.  i965 was the only hardware implementation, and
it was a broken one.  The only app we knew of that might use it (nwn 1)
actually doesn't with the other set of extensions exposed.  While removing the
code, I noticed a couple of other bugs offhand that indicated the code was
poorly tested.

There may be additional cleanup still in the VBO area related to the confusing
aliasing of generic vertex attribs.  I'm done for the day, though.