[Mesa-dev] Pure OpenGL|ES 1.1 s/w renderer

Ilyes Gouta ilyes.gouta at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 02:01:55 PDT 2012

Hi,

Alright, I'm pursuing this idea about splitting mesa into two
components, where state tracking happens on the host processor,
whereas a second co-processor gets to do the s/w rendering. The two
parts would be communicating via a RPC mechanism and sharing the
textures and render target buffers. The CPUs are in an AMP
configuration.

Do you know if the code base (most importantly the data structure) is
already designed to achieve this? Has this been done before?

Best regards,

-Ilyes