[Mesa-dev] GSoC - Introduction and Project Discussion - Find common patterns in real GLSL shaders

Sreyanth sreyanth at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 00:37:50 PDT 2013

Hi all

I am interested to participate in GSoC this year in X.org. I have gone
through the proposed ideas and I am interested in working on finding common
patterns in real GLSL shaders.

I understand that this is a datamining problem where we mine patterns in
the shaders. So, how do I go ahead now?

I have searched for sample GLSL shaders on the internet and found this on
on the Wikipedia page related to GLSL

#version 400
layout( vertices = 3 )  out;void main( ){
        gl_out[ gl_InvocationID ].gl_Position = gl_in[ gl_InvocationID
].gl_Position;

        gl_TessLevelOuter[0] = 1.0;
        gl_TessLevelOuter[1] = 1.0;
        gl_TessLevelOuter[2] = 1.0;
        gl_TessLevelInner[0] = 1.0;
        gl_TessLevelInner[1] = 1.0;}

To mine text like this, I think, we must tokenize the shader properly (I
will have to know more about GLSL before I define what this properly means)
and then mine the patterns.

Let me know if I am on the right path and also how to go ahead with this
project!

I would like to introduce myself here.
I am Sreyantha Chary (lets make it Sreyanth), a 3rd year undergrad majoring
in Computer Engineering at the National Institute of Technology Karnataka.
I am proficient in C. I wont consider myself an expert in python
programming, but yeah, I am good enough to work on intermediate projects.
Research wise, I am into Machine Learning, Information Retrieval and Data
Mining. And coding wise, I try crazy stuff. I am updating my appspot site
right now, so it takes time to see my code online.
You can see my CV here:
http://sreyanth.appspot.com/docs/SreyanthaChary_CV.pdf

Let me know how I can turn this project idea into a successful GSoC offer!

Thanks in advance. Thanks for your time!

*
​Thanks and regards
 *

*Mora Sreyantha Chary*
*Computer Engineering '14*
*National Institute of Technology Karnataka*
*Surathkal, India 575 025*