[Mesa-dev] hw_gl_select branch status

Jerry Gamache jerry.gamache at videotron.ca
Fri Jun 7 14:44:54 PDT 2013

> I've rebased the patch and fixed up some build failures.
> If you want to play with it, here is the updated branch:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ab/mesa/log/?h=hw_gl_select2  <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/%7Eab/mesa/log/?h=hw_gl_select2>

I have a test where I draw 3 overlapped triangles in the
XY plane with varying Z depths, and the SW code correctly
returns 3 hits while the HW code only sees the first
triangle that was drawn. The depth values returned
were also 256 instead of the actual Z depth of the triangle
as a GLuint.

Tests were done with the softpipe swrast compiled into an
OSMesa driver. The same driver works correctly when the
MESA_HW_SELECT environment variable is not set.

Not sure exactly what I am doing wrong, but I can not seem
to get correct results with the hw_gl_select2 branch.

Jerry.