[Mesa-dev] 16-wide math on ironlake

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Wed Jun 12 10:32:27 PDT 2013

On 06/12/2013 01:50 AM, Chris Forbes wrote:
> I've just completed a piglit run of kwg/g45-math16 picked to master on
> my ironlake. No regressions vs master.
>
> Helps cs:s video stress test by about 2%.
>
> -- Chris

That's a surprising amount!

As is, the patch doesn't actually enable 16-wide math on G45 as claimed,
since we don't do 16-wide on G45 at all.  But it does set it up to work
in the future, if/when we do enable 16-wide.  So I think it's okay as
is, but if people would prefer to see a s/g45/gen5/g, I'm okay with that
too.

If you'd like to put a R-b on it, mention the 2% performance
improvement, and push it, that would be great.

Thanks!
--Ken