[Mesa-dev] Very low framerate when recording desktop content in Weston using mesa git on Radeon 5770 (glReadPixels slow path)

Rune Kjær Svendsen runesvend at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 14:14:52 PDT 2013

Thank you very much! This is much better. It's gone from 0.5-ish FPS when
zooming in to around 10 FPS, depending on screen content.

So I figure this isn't a bug? I assumed it was a bug, but is the case
simply that an efficient glReadPixels path for radeon/gallium doesn't exist?

The patch set sure helps in that regard, although it'd be really nice to
get 30 FPS consistently, if at all possible.

Thanks again.

/Rune