[Mesa-dev] non x11/xlib based EGL and software only renderer

Divick Kishore divick.kishore at gmail.com
Tue May 7 11:34:49 PDT 2013

Hi Chia,

> I haven't tried that for a while, but it should not have X11
> dependencies.  You probably need to disable other stuffs such as
> --disable-glx and etc.  It might still require X11 at compile time,
> because eglplatform.h may include Xlib.h, but it should not need X11
> at runtime.

Alright, I will try and update with my findings. But doing ldd it does
show dependency on X11.so.

> But you need to modify the app to use pbuffer or FBO.  Or you may add
> some code to the null platform to treat windows as pbuffers.

What exactly is a null platform? Also could you please point me to the
directory and potential starting points to support window as pbuffers?
Modifying apps is a complete no no.

Thanks & Regards,
Divick