[Mesa-dev] non x11/xlib based EGL and software only renderer

Chia-I Wu olvaffe at gmail.com
Tue May 7 03:11:59 PDT 2013

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Divick Kishore <divick.kishore at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Chia,
>
>>   $ ./configure --disable-dri --enable-gallium-egl --with-egl-platforms=null \
>>                      --with-gallium-drivers=swrast
>>
>> It will give you an EGL/GLES driver that uses a software renderer and
>> supports only pbuffers (and FBOs).
>
> The egl lib built so I see has dependency on X11. Sorry if my question
> was not clear enough but what I really want to achieve is have GLES
> apps running without dependency on any GPU / Video card and X server.
> It could just be a headless machine. I do not want to modify app to
> explicitly do off screen rendering but rather have default rendering
> in offscreen buffers.
I haven't tried that for a while, but it should not have X11
dependencies.  You probably need to disable other stuffs such as
--disable-glx and etc.  It might still require X11 at compile time,
because eglplatform.h may include Xlib.h, but it should not need X11
at runtime.

But you need to modify the app to use pbuffer or FBO.  Or you may add
some code to the null platform to treat windows as pbuffers.

>> You won't be able to ask it to render to an application-provided buffer though.
>
> Not sure what do you mean by application provided buffer?
You cannot allocate a buffer in the app and ask the driver to render
to it, mainly due to alignment requirements.

--
olv at LunarG.com