[Mesa-dev] EGL_BAD_CONTEXT error when creating shared context

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Tue May 28 09:03:48 PDT 2013

On 05/27/2013 02:05 AM, Divick Kishore wrote:
> Hi,
>      Does anyone know if mesa supports creation of shared context using egl?
>
> When I create a shared context with a call to eglCreateContext where
> the third argument is a valid context, I get EGL_BAD_CONTEXT error.

I took at look at eglCreateContext().  It's basically:

EGLContext
eglCreateContext(EGLDisplay dpy, EGLConfig config, EGLContext share_list,
                  const EGLint *attrib_list)
{
    _EGLContext *share = _eglLookupContext(share_list, disp);

    if (!share && share_list != EGL_NO_CONTEXT)
       RETURN_EGL_ERROR(disp, EGL_BAD_CONTEXT, EGL_NO_CONTEXT);
}

If the error is coming from there, it means that the share_list context
you're passing in isn't recognized by EGL as a valid context.

I don't really have time to investigate any further.  Have you tried
stepping through with a debugger?

-Brian