[Mesa-dev] radeonsi: always set the scanout flag?

Axel Davy axel.davy at ens.fr
Tue Nov 26 00:20:47 PST 2013

Hi,

When importing an handle (src/gallium/drivers/radeon/r600_texture.c),
the RADEON_SURF_SCANOUT flag is always set on SI.

The code is associated with a comment: /* always set the scanout flags
on SI */

I was getting bad tiling mode on Wayland with my radeonsi card, and
recent Mesa,
and I discovered that setting this flag there was causing my tiling issue.

I think one possible reason for this code is X dri2, since the DDX
allocates
the buffers with this flag.

Could this flag be passed via buffer_get_tiling?

If not, then there would probably need to force this flag when creating
a resource on SI.
But ideally, if it makes a performance difference, we would like to be
able to control that
with Wayland when allocating the buffers.

Axel Davy