[Mesa-dev] docs/GL3.txt not up to date?

Alexandre Demers alexandre.f.demers at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 20:31:40 CEST 2013

Hi,

I was looking at the latest commits and some comments here and there. Is
it me or is docs/GL3.txt not up to date?

For example, on Sept 24th (
http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/PjyyP3KOnlzH11QKVtyC), Marek was
confirming GL_ARB_texture_multisample support for r600 and si (CIK
missing). Thus, it should be listed as implemented for r600. And from my
understanding, it was completed for the 9.2 release, so GL3.txt should
have been updated before that.

Intel pushed its latest patches to complete the 3.2 and 3.3 features in
the last couple of days, but the GL3.txt was not updated at the same
time. GLSL 1.50 and 3.30 should be listed as DONE for at least Intel.

What I'm saying is I most of the time learn going through commits or
Phoronix that a new feature is now considered done than from GL3.txt.
GL3.txt should be updated at the same time as features are considered
completed by a dev if it is truly complete.

I know, I can find it by other means, but why not just make sure we are
updating the doc at the right moment?

My two cents as a tester...

--
Alexandre Demers