[Mesa-dev] Compiling llvm windows name mangled

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Wed Dec 10 06:18:08 PST 2014

I never tried, but it doesn't surprise that ?USE_MGL_NAMESPACE doesn't work properly on Windows.

At very least the src/mesa/drivers/windows/gdi and src/gallium/targets/libgl-gdi targets will fail because the .DEF files there explicitly request the non-mangled symbols.

Not sure if src/mesa/drivers/osmesa will produce something useful. You can ask scons to only build osmesa by passing "scons osmesa .."

?

That said, there's little to zero merit in USE_MGL_NAMESPACE on Windows because on Windows it's fine to have different DLLs exporting the same symbols, since unlike Unixes, DLLs exports are not dumped into a global namespace.

Jose