[Mesa-dev] RFC: ARB_arrays_of_arrays work in progress

Timothy Arceri t_arceri at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 14 19:29:01 PST 2014

I think I've made things harder for my self than they need to be rather
than creating a glsl_type object to hold all the array information for
all dimensions I'm now thinking it would be simpler when processing the
ast to hir to just create a new type object for each dimension which
will then just be accessed recursively in the ir code. This way I
possibly don't need to touch the ir code at all, everything should just
work. I have been back and forth on which was the correct was to do this
but I'm now pretty sure I need to go back and change the way I've
currently implemented this part. However if everything works how I'm
picturing it in my mind after changing this there isn't much more left
to do for implementing the extension (I'm sure there probably is more to
it though).