[Mesa-dev] i965: Turn off optimizations in i965 but not glsl-compiler?

Thomas Helland thomashelland90 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 12:36:04 PDT 2014

Hi,

Is it possible to turn off the optimizations in the backend,
while still leaving optimizations on in the glsl-compiler?

I'm currently exploring different execution-orders
of optimization-passes in the glsl-compiler.
While I've found some room for improvement, my guess
is a lot of the differences from different ordering are
getting covered up by the backend doing a good job.

I'm hoping to get an automated setup that picks an order,
compiles and installs mesa , runs shader-db,
dumps the results along with the ordering, then repeats.

If I can get a shader-db result unaffected by the back-end
doing all it's optimizations it will be a lot easier to quantify
the possible gains from this work, and to know that I'm not
causing regressions for other drivers.

regards,
Thomas