[Mesa-dev] State of llvmpipe geometry shaders?

Ceniza ceniza666 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 09:07:32 PDT 2014

Hi again.

It seems I finally found out the trick, even though the render tests in
OpenGL Extensions Viewer for OpenGL >3 will still remain disabled.

The following environment variable must be defined in order to get OpenGL
3.3 support with a forward context: MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.3FC

I can confirm that using geometry shaders works, but any attempt to use an
OpenGL function not belonging to the core profile will cause the
application to die (in debug build, the problem points to what seems to be
a calling convention mismatch). I wonder if this is the expected behavior...

Regards,

Paul.