[Mesa-dev] Clover Platform Naming

Aaron Watry awatry at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 07:50:23 PDT 2014

Hi list,

I was starting to look into getting cppamp-driver-ng working with
mesa/clover, and I quickly ran into a question...

cppamp-driver-ng explicitly lists which platforms are supported in its
OpenCL back-end's source code. I went to add in the Mesa/Clover
entries, and discovered that we're actually reporting ourselves as:
CL_PLATFORM_VENDOR="Mesa"
CL_PLATFORM_NAME="Default"

The way that cppamp-driver-ng is written, they don't really care about
the vendor so much as the platform name, and "Default" is about as
generic as you can get.

At this point in the game, are we stuck with this platform name, or
would we be able to change this to "Clover" (or something more
appropriate)?

Just wanted to ask around and see what people thought.

--Aaron