[Mesa-dev] how to enable the display on wayland
Jacky (ZhiJun) Ni
jni at telecomsys.com
Sun Jun 22 19:01:12 PDT 2014
Recently, I've tried to enable my opengles application run on tizen-ivi, tizen-ivi use wayland to display, how to enable the opengles part show on it?
My latest patch crashed again, the following sequences describe what I do on for the opengles parts:
1. wl_display_connect(NULL) à return a global g_nativeDisplay object, I see someone do it, so that I do it.
2. wl_display_get_registry, wl_registry_add_listener, wl_display_dispatch -> some APIs I'm not familiar, I see someone do it, so that I do it.
3. wl_egl_window_create(NULL,1280,720) à return a nativeWindow object which will be passed for EGL to Create Window Surface, I believe that the "NULL"(wl_surface*) parameter lead to the crash. But I have no idea how to get a wl_surface object.
4. eglGetDisplay, eglInitialize, eglChooseConfig, eglCreateContext, eglCreateWindowSurface, eglMakeCurrent, eglQuerySurface, these APIs all work fine, return no error.
5. eglSwapBuffers, lead to the crash, trace the bt, I find that it is because wl_surface is NULL,
#0 0xb7e35a85 in wl_proxy_create () from /lib/libwayland-client.so.0
#1 0xb7e1ac10 in wl_surface_frame (wl_surface=0x0)
#2 0xb7e1bfbb in dri2_wl_swap_buffers_with_damage (drv=0x8730f88,
disp=0x8730300, draw=0x87cc380, rects=0x0, n_rects=0)
#3 0xb7e1c309 in dri2_wl_swap_buffers (drv=0x8730f88, disp=0x8730300,
draw=0x87cc380) at platform_wayland.c:702
#4 0xb7e19739 in dri2_swap_buffers (drv=0x8730f88, dpy=0x8730300,
surf=0x87cc380) at egl_dri2.c:1074
#5 0xb7e0cd03 in eglSwapBuffers (dpy=0x8730300, surface=0x87cc380)
I searched the internet but get less useful information, even now , I plan to make some fake data to initialize the wl_surface, but I have not got the definition for the struct "wl_surface", just a url(http://wayland.freedesktop.org/docs/html/protocol-spec-interface-wl_surface.html ) describe how to use its function, no initialize function...
It is so different from X11 who only need to prepare a window passed to EGL, So far, I've learned I need prepare a wl_egl_window and a wl_surface for EGL on wayland, wl_egl_window need three parameters "wl_surface", "width" and "height" to create,but "wl_surface" seems need compositor(API:"wl_compositor_create_surface" )to create, so compositor need what to create? May I need to create a compositor firstly?
Could someone help me lists how to use the wayland's API and EGL's wayland API to enable the display on wayland?
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review, forwarding, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete it and all attachments from your computer and network.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mesa-dev