[Mesa-dev] [RFC] dri: add support for R8 and GR88 image formats

Gwenole Beauchesne gb.devel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 09:35:58 PDT 2014

I want to be able to map each individual pane of a planar YUV surface (VA-API)
as a separate image. Either for customizing the shader code for YUV-to-RGB
conversion, or for directly exposing a single plane to third-party API like
OpenCL.

This patch series adds support for mapping a surface plane to red (8-bit) or
red/green (16-bit) components. This is RFC because I don't actually like the
new format names, and some definitions also need to be added to libdrm and gbm
actually. Eventually, I would also like the components to appear as integer.
So, I was also thinking about providing R8I and GR88I formats. WDYT?

Regards,
Gwenole Beauchesne (2):
  dri: add initial support for R8 and {RG,GR}88 image formats.
  i965: add support for R8 or RG88 subimages.

 include/GL/internal/dri_interface.h      |    4 ++++
 src/egl/drivers/dri2/egl_dri2.c          |   15 +++++++++++++++
 src/mesa/drivers/dri/i965/intel_screen.c |    8 +++++++-

1.7.9.5