[Mesa-dev] i965: Pull parameters in SIMD16 mode.

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Tue Mar 11 23:48:49 PDT 2014

Hello,

This series adds support for pull constants in SIMD16 mode.  By the end
of the series, shader-db gains 78 extra SIMD16 programs, and the net
code change is -39 lines.  In short:

   <anholt> better living through deleting code.

Most of the work in this series is refactoring the code to change how
information about locations is tracked and how it flows between functions.
Overall, I think it's much nicer at the end (though I'm clearly biased).

This is available in the 'pull16-v12' branch of ~kwg/mesa.  I tested it
for Piglit regressions and shader-db code quality regressions at every
single commit---getting a patch series that didn't regress at any point
was kind of tricky.  Lots of obviously correct code would break
horribly...hence the 12 branch revisions. :)

--Ken