[Mesa-dev] How user space applications load registers on HSW?

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Mon May 12 11:04:02 PDT 2014

On 05/12/2014 01:02 AM, Yang, Rong R wrote:
> Hi, Ken,
>
> Thanks for your patch. But how do you release your driver on the HSW
> products? If can't LRI/LRM from userspace batches, almost all of
> OpenCL application can't run. So if I want to announce that the
> OpenCL driver support HSW, it must have a way to load L3CTRLREG2 and
> L3CTRLREG3.

Most of the OpenGL features don't need LRI/LRM.  Currently, only a few
OpenGL 4.0 extensions (ARB_transform_feedback2/3/instanced) and the
perforrmance monitoring extensions need LRI/LRM...and we just don't ship
those on Haswell yet.  I'd really like to, but we can't yet.

You'll need to talk to Jesse, Brad, and Daniel to figure out when the
kernel interface will be finished.

--Ken