[Mesa-dev] How difficult would it be to have debugging information for Jitted code show up?

Steven Stewart-Gallus sstewartgallus00 at mylangara.bc.ca
Mon Nov 10 16:27:26 PST 2014

Hello,

Before filing a bug report, I wanted to have ask first how difficult it'd be to
have debugging information for Jitted code show up be. It occurs to me that this
probably wouldn't work for precompiled shader sources and that there's probably
not a lot of code that has been written to support this. However, LLVM obviously
has support for debugging information and as Mesa relies upon LLVM maybe most of
the hardwork has already been done? I would guess that this would be easiest for
software rendering and maybe possible, maybe not possible for the code that uses
the Intel 3D hardware abilities?

Thank you,
Steven Stewart-Gallus