[Mesa-dev] How difficult would it be to have debugging information for Jitted code show up?

Steven Stewart-Gallus sstewartgallus00 at mylangara.bc.ca
Thu Nov 13 17:40:42 PST 2014

But my distribution does build Mesa with debugging symbols. I have the package
libgl1-mesa-dri-dbg installed which gives me debugging symbols such as
drm_intel_bo_wait_rendering and drm_intel_bo_subdata. I assume I don't have is
debugging information for JITted code although maybe the problem is a bug in
perf (they've had problems with artificial intrinsics before.) Please assume I
have at least the small quantity of intelligence needed to have installed the
debugging symbols for the library I a. But tell me, what do you see when you
profile glxgears with perf?

Thank you,
Steven Stewart-Gallus