[Mesa-dev] clEnqueueNDRangeKerne return error -52 with off-line compiled kernel

Vincent DEDIEU vincent.dedieu at axel.com
Fri Oct 17 08:34:40 PDT 2014

Hi

I compiled the very last mesa package (V10.4.0-devel) on Ubuntu-14.04 with
AMD RADEON.

On a test program when I used clCreateProgramWithSource() and
clBuildProgram(), my kernel works perfectly.

But when I tried to use an already compiled kernel with
clCreateProgramWithBinary(), I get an error -52 later with
clEnqueueNDRangeKernel().

Of course I tried a very simple kernel such as:

__kernel

void pi(__global float * out)

{

  out[0] = 3.14159f;

}

The kernel is compiled with clCreateProgramWithSource() and
clBuildProgram(). And the binary is stored in a file with
clGetProgramInfo().

Anybody experienced this?

Note: if I used binary llvm/libclc/mesa packages (instead of compiling all
of them) my test program works fine.

Thank you

Vincent