[Mesa-dev] Interest in participating in the OPW with X.org

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Tue Sep 23 22:06:40 PDT 2014

Hi Juliet,

sorry about the delay, thanks for the email. I don't personally work on mesa
so I'll wait if anyone on the list has a project to propose here.

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 07:52:38PM +0100, Juliet Fru wrote:
> I am Juliet Fru, a second year student of Computer Engineering at the
> University of Buea. I am interested in participating in the OPW this year.
> I've never worked on an open source project before; and I'll like to have
> this first experience with Xorg. I am proficient in C and i'm interested in
> writing tests for piglit. I'll like to know based on my discussions on IRC
> whether there is any programmer who is working on some functionality he/she
> would need me to write unit tests for? I would like to work on writing
> tests as my OPW project.

One of the best ways to start is to build and run piglit and see if anything
needs fixing. That way you get familiar with the code-base and the
developers get to know you as well. Having a bit of a reputation from
sending patches is a good thing to have.

Cheers,
   Peter