[Mesa-dev] Regarding X.Org Endless Vacation of Code

Anish Kanchan anishgkanchan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 15:58:07 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am a final year Computer Engineering student from Sardar Patel Institute
of Technology. I have a good understanding of C and I have worked on
projects using C as a part of my coursework. I am interested in working on
the "Improved application of GLSL complier optimizations" project idea for
EVoC.

So before submitting an application, I understand that I need to understand
the code base and submit patches to show my programming proficiency and
problem solving skills.

However, before I begin doing so, I would like you to answer few queries -

1. Can a proposal have only one 'easy' project idea (or will one have to
club two easy ones)?
2. Could you point me to the necessary resources which will help me
understand the project?
3. Could you also tell me how to set up the development environment for
setting up this project?

Thanks,
Anish Kanchan
Student, University of Mumbai