[Mesa-dev] RFC: Prune stale components

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Fri Feb 27 07:48:03 PST 2015

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 10:16 AM, Jose Fonseca <jfonseca at vmware.com> wrote:
> - src/gallium/drivers/rbug: -- do people use it? does it work?  it predates
> apitrace GL + GUI, which sort of enables a lot of the same things, but
> without the issue of having to hit moving target, which is what gallium
> interfaces are

FWIW I tried to use it when debugging a VDPAU issue, but getting it to
pass through video textures (even without any inspection) proved
harder than (eventually) fixing the driver bug. I think it's
especially useful for situations where apitrace doesn't work, and even
where it does, it can provide visibility into intermediate stages of
rendering. I think it's a useful-enough tool to keep around.

  -ilia